A lot of innovative designs are incorporated within Opus 7B. Some of them are shielded neodymium magnet and copper shorting ring that contribute to reduce magnet size and improve sound resolution. Finishing is black powder coating with laser engraved logo.
Opus 7B features the following:
1. Tweeter is using sturdy 6061 aluminium housing for less distortion.
2. Tweeter flange curve design is patented. It acts as a guide horn to improve detail of sound.
3. Tweeter diameter is smaller than 2010 product for improved flexibility and driving visibility.
4. Tweeter is using hexagon grill for complete protection.
5. Tweeter is implementing copper shorting ring to reduce distortion and to lower inductance for improved frequency response.
6. Mid-woofer is using neodymium magnet inside the voice coil (not surrounding the voice coil as usual) to make it extremely small to fit into standard OEM placement.
7. Mid-woofer is using our newly developed motor system:
a) Magnet inside the voice coil for more linear cone movement.
b) Magnet is shielded so that the magnetic flux is more focus.
c) Copper shorting ring is applied to reduce distortion and to lower inductance for improved frequency response.
8. Midwoofer is covered with hexagon grill for complete protection. In standard OEM placement, this grill will act to make sure the cone movement does not touch the plastic panel so the grill is not necessarily taken off. Partners and customers should not worry about sound deduction from the grill because Crescendo grill has been carefully calculated to maximize sound-wave flow. You can figure out by looking at the cone through our grill. You will be amazed that you can see the cone and the dust cap clearly. If you can see through the grill clearly, the same thing will happen that the sound wave can easily reach us without noticeable disruption.
9. Overall cosmetic of tweeter and midwoofer is truly elegant. Finishing is black powder coating with laser engrave.
10. Passive crossover is implementing Mills resistor to achieve natural sound and Jantzen Z-Standard Capacitor to achieve slightly warm sound.
Opus 7B is using the following drivers:
1. Tweeter: T2RB
2. Mid-woofer: MG-6N
3. Passive crossover: X7